Table service centers around the complete guest experience!
While with a counter service, delivery, or fast food concept the quality of product and price are the main factors for the guest. While these are still important in table service, much more weight is placed on the guest experience. Among other things, this includes getting the food out quickly and accurately as well as making sure the wait staff is tending to the tables as needed. Our technologies can help solve both of these challenges (and many more!) to help make sure your guests have a great experience leading to rave reviews to their friends and on social media.
Consider the following scenario with a traditional (stationary) point of sale workstation: A server is working a few tables that arrived around the same time. As those tables are ready to place their orders, one of two things happen:
- The server goes to whichever table they figure should get to order first. They take that tables order, walk to the point of sale, and then enter that order. Then they return to the next table, take the order, and walk back to the workstation and enter that order. The order is essentially being entered twice (once in writing on the notepad and another at the point of sale workstation). Then there is the walking to and from the terminal that takes more time, all of which takes away from time they could be using to check up on other guests. Finally, the first order is entered maybe 5 or 10 minutes before the second order. The second table sees that first order come out of the kitchen and may be a little upset that they arrived at the same time, yet received their food significantly later.
- The second way of handling this would be to write down the first tables order, move to the next table and write down their order, move to the next table and write down their order, and then enter them all into the point of sale at once. Again this is problematic but for different reasons. In this case, the server is now monopolizing that terminal with their order and nobody else can use it during that time. Also, they are spending a significant amount of time at the workstation and not checking on their guests. Finally, the kitchen is getting slammed with all those orders at once when they could have been starting on the first while the second and third were being entered.
Award Winning Point-of-Sale Software
Your restaurant relies on its point-of-sale system to keep things running smoothly, without a hitch, every day. Because of the mission critical nature of the hospitality industry, you need a reliable and proven system and Future POS is that solution. It’s simple to use, fast and reliable and backed by the best customer support in the industry.
While other software companies have been cashing in on buzzwords, Future POS took it's nearly 20 years in the business and built the deepest, most comprehensive product to ever hit the market. Future POS version 6 has several key features that distinguish it from the rest of the pack. Most legacy applications are starting to look outdated. All of the new tablet POS companies have cloud capabilities but offer minimal functionality and poor reliability. Future POS is providing the best of both worlds and Emerald Business Systems is ready to set you up with everything you need.
Feature Rich Point-of-Sale
- Labor Scheduling and Employee Timekeeping, which can be exported to numerous payroll companies and accounting packages
- Tip pooling for team service and/or sharing tips with bar backs and busboys
- Employee Break maintenance to keep you in compliance with state mandated and minor specific break laws
- Gift certificate issuing and tracking
- Frequent Diner Program with customizable reward levels
- Inventory Tracking with food costing and the ability to export inventory information to third party inventory packages
- Customer Reservations
- Bartender drink recipes for training new bar staff
- The ability to pre-authorize bar tabs
- House charge accounts for tracking customer purchases and employee meals with personalized statements.
- Customer loyalty program allows you to email numerous customers at once to alert them about specials, events, etc.
- Driver’s license verification using barcode or magnetic swipe reader
- Beer and wine club
- Ability to easily split checks by seat
- Kitchen orders by course, with the ability to hold and fire items
- Microsoft SQL Database for rock solid reliability and scalability
- Ability to interface with Microsoft MapPoint and Google Maps for delivery directions
- Numerous interfaces to popular payroll, general ledger and inventory control programs
- Online Ordering for eCommerce, which allows orders to come from the web to the kitchen seamlessly
- Several EMV options with mobile payment technologies (ApplePay, SamsungPay, etc).